Kids Night/Ken Heckler Tribute 51 Pit Notes
Kids Night/Ken Heckler Street Stock 51 Tribute
Saturday, August 12th, 2017:
3 pm – Pit Gates Open
3:30 pm – Fuel Sales Begin
4 pm – Practice Begins (rotating divisions) Two Rounds
- Roaming Buffalo 4 Cylinders
- Sunoco Sportsman
- Advance Auto Parts Street Stock
- ALL PIT BROADCASTS/ANNOUNCEMENTS ARE AVAILABLE AT FM 92.7
5 pm – Front Grandstand Gates Open
6 pm – Mandatory Driver’s Meeting for ALL divisions (ALL DRIVERS MUST ATTEND AND BE ON TIME)
6:30 pm – Opening Ceremonies Begin – National Anthem
Heat Race Order as follows:
- Roaming Buffalo Four Cylinder Qualifying Races (8 laps – inner oval)
- Sunoco Sportsman Qualifying Races (8 laps – outer oval)
- Advance Auto Parts Street Stocks Qualifying Races (8 laps – outer oval)
Intermission – 15 minutes (Old Man Engineering Big Wheels)
Kids Power Car Races
Feature Races on Inner Oval Begin, order as follows:
- Roaming Buffalo Four Cylinder Feature Race (25 laps – inner oval)
- Sunoco Sportsman Feature Race (35 laps – outer oval)
- Advance Auto Parts Street Stocks Feature Race (51 laps – outer oval)
- ALL drivers MUST use a one-way radio – frequency 454.000
- Race Procedure;
- All starts and restarts will be at the opening in the wall (driver’s right) exiting turn four (4). The front row must maintain an even and steady pace to the start / restart point.
- The leader of the race will have choice. The leader may choose inside or outside and will be signaled to choose over the one-way radio.
- All restarts will be double-file lead lap cars to the front. Lapped or down cars will be moved to the rear of the field over the one-way radio.
- All races will end with a green-white-checkered finish.
- When the caution flag is displayed, roll out of the throttle, get single-file. Passing will not be permitted.
- Scoring will be based on the last completed green flag lap. Racing under the caution and/or back to the start/finish line will not be permitted.
- If you are involved in the accident, please stay with your vehicle and return to the pit area with the safety crew. If you do not stay with your vehicle, you may be subject to a penalty per the rule book.
- In the event of a red flag, all cars must stop on the racing surface. Once the field is stopped and under control, the race director may give competitors the opportunity to return to the pit area for service under a controlled speed. Work will be permitted during red flag periods in the competitors specified pit area. Any competitor who chooses to perform work on their vehicle in their specified area must surrender their starting position and restart the race at the rear of the field. Any competitor who moves their vehicle under the red without acknowledgment from the race director or has work performed on the racing surface or an unspecified area will be penalized at the discretion of the race director.
Any Lancaster National Speedway Stock Car Driver who have registered his/her car and has his/her membership card is allowed to attend any regular Friday night Drag Racing event free of charge with proof of membership.
- Pay off will be available at the track office starting Friday following each event after 2pm. Identification is required to pick up checks. A completed W – 9 from the owner is required. If there is no W-9 on file, the purse will not be processed for that car and/or driver. If the purse check is not picked up at the next Stock Car event, it will be mailed to the address as stated on the W-9. W-9 forms are available online with driver registration information (www.lancasternationalspeedway.com), at the track office and/or the back gate.
- We ask all drivers to pick up their checks at the next event. This will avoid having to mail them and any delays.
- At the conclusion of the event, please make sure your pit area is clean and clear of debris.
- Minors under the age of 14 are not permitted in the pit area until all racing has been completed.
Note: Next Saturday August 19th, the 28th Annual Tommy Druar/Tony Jankowiak Memorial 110. Race of Champions Modifieds, Street Stocks, 4-Cylinders and NYPA TQ Midgets.
Following was checked on July 8th:
4 Cylinders – Weight and left side weight, checked for matching rims, camber, measured coil spring wire.
Street Stocks – Weight and left side weight, transmissions checked for 2 forward gears and shifting.
Sportsman – Tires marked and checked before feature, tires durometered after the feature, weight and left side weight, checked rearends for lockers, gear ratio, carbs and plates.
Attention all Sportsman teams. For the remainder of the season you can call Bob at East Coast Speed 585-343-8658 and set up a time to purchase tires from him at his shop. If you choose to do so a receipt must be shown at the track. ALL tires run at Lancaster must still be purchased through Bob.