Click “Read More” to view the pit notes or click HERE to download the printable PDF
27th Annual Tommy Druar/Tony Jankowiak Memorial Modified 110
Saturday, August 20, 2016:
2 pm – Pit Gates Open for RoC Modified teams ONLY
Immediately following (2:20 pm.ish) – Pit Gates open for Street Stocks, 4 Cylinders and TQ Midgets
2:30 pm – Fuel Sales Begin
3:15pm – Practice Begins (rotating divisions); 2 – Rounds
- ALL PIT BROADCAST/ANNOUNCEMENTS ARE AVALIABLE AT FM 90.9
- Roaming Buffalo 4 Cylinders
- NYPA TQ Midgets
- Advance Auto Parts Street Stocks
4pm – Grandstand Gates Open
- Ferris Mowers Race of Champions Modifieds fueled by Sunoco – Practice
- Ferris Mowers Race of Champions Modifieds fueled by Sunoco – Second Practice
5pm – Mandatory Driver’s Meeting for (ALL DRIVERS, MUST ATTEND AND BE ON TIME)( RoC Modified and NYPA TQ Midgets to hold their own)
5:30pm – National Anthems & Welcome,
First Heat Race; Roaming Buffalo 4 Cylinders – be in Turn 4 Chute ready to go
5:40pm – Green – White – Checker Timed Hot Lap Session for RoC Modifieds to establish Qualifying Race Line Ups
Heat Race Order as follows:
- Roaming Buffalo Four Cylinder Qualifying Races (8-laps – inner oval)
- NYPA TQ Midgets (8-laps – Inner Oval)
- Advance Auto Parts Street Stocks Qualifying Races (8 – laps – outer oval)
- Ferris Mowers Race of Chanpions fueled by Sunoco Qualifying Races (10-laps – outer oval)
Features Part I
- Roaming Buffalo 4 Cylinders – 25 Laps – inner oval)
- NYPA TQ Midgets – (20 Laps – inner oval)
Intermission – Big Wheel races, RoC Modified Redraw, RoC Modified teams setup pit stalls on Inner Oval
Features Part II
- Advance Auto Parts Street Stocks (25-laps – Outer Oval) – Followed by Victory Lane
- Ferris Mowers Race of Champions Modifieds fueled by Sunoco (110-laps – Outer Oval) – Followed by Victory Lane
- ALL drivers must use a one-way radio – frequency 454.000
- Race Procedures;
- All starts and restarts will be at the opening in the wall (driver’s right) exiting turn four (4). The front row must maintain an even and steady pace to the start / restart point.
- The leader of the race will have choice. The leader may choose inside or outside and will be signalled to choose over the one-way radio.
- All restarts will be double-file lead lap cars to the front. Lapped or down cars will be moved to the rear of the field over the one-way radio.
- All races may end with a green-white-checkered finish.
- When the caution flag is displayed, roll out of the throttle, get single-file. Passing will not be permitted.
- Scoring will be based on the last completed green flag lap. Racing under the caution and/or back to the start/finish line will not be permitted.
- If you are involved in the accident, please stay with your vehicle and return to the pit area with the safety crew. If you do not stay with your vehicle, you may be subject to a penalty per the rule book.
- In the event of a red flag, all cars must stop on the racing surface. Once the field is stopped and under control, the race director may give competitors the opportunity to return to the pit area for service under a controlled speed. Work will be permitted during red flag periods in the competitors specified pit area. Any competitor who chooses to perform work on their vehicle in their specified area must surrender their starting position and restart the race at the rear of the field. Any competitor who moves their vehicle under the red without acknowledgment from the race director or has work performed on the racing surface or an unspecified area will be penalized at the discretion of the race director.
Any Lancaster National Speedway Stock Car Driver who have registered his/her car and has his/her membership card is allowed to attend any regular Friday night Drag Racing event free of charge with proof of membership.
– Pay off will be available at the track office starting Thursday following each event after 2pm. Identification is required to pick up checks. A completed W – 9 from the owner is required. If there is no W-9 on file, the purse will not be processed for that car and/or driver. If the purse check is not picked up at the next Stock Car event, it will be mailed to the address as stated on the W-9.W-9 forms are available online with driver registration information (www.lancasternationalspeedway.com), at the track office and/or the back gate.
***Note: Due to possible car count with the Can-Am TQ Midgets and Darkness, the Order of Events is Subject to Change***
- At the conclusion of the event, please make sure your pit area is clean and clear of debris.
Minors under the age of 14 are not permitted in the pit area.
*****Attention Street Stocks. Tire prices have been lowered from our tire supplier to $95. Please help us support them and also the points fund*****
NOTE: Next Week, Saturday August 27 – Big Rig Night $5 Grandstand Admission for anyone with A CDL License. Featuring Sunoco Sportsman, RoC Big 10 Super Stocks, Street Stocks and 4 Cylinders
The following was teched on August 6, 2016
4 Cylinders – Weight & Left side weight, checked for steel converters, checked under rear and front of cars.
Street Stocks – Weight & Left Side weight, removed site plugs in oilpan to look at cranks
Late Models – Weighed & Left Side weight, used bore scope to check for domed pistons, Checked under hoods.
Sportsman – Tires were durometered after heats and feature, tires were checked in line-up shoot for proper markings, tire serial numbers verified in tech barn, carbs and plates were removed and plates were measured, carbs were inspected, scoped intake manifolds.
***** Any questions regarding race nights, procedures, or rules; Please contact Lancaster National Speedway Race Director Todd Hannon @ (716) 906-7614 or email@example.com or Lancaster National Speedway Head Tech Official Dave Johnson @ (716) 517-6849 or firstname.lastname@example.org *****