Click “Read More” to view this week’s pit notes. Click HERE to download the printable PDF.
CHAMPIONSHIP & Fan Appreciation Night
Saturday, September 10, 2016:
3 pm – Pit Gates Open
3:30 pm – Fuel Sales Begin
4pm – Practice Begins (rotating divisions); 2 – Rounds
- ALL PIT BROADCAST/ANNOUNCEMENTS ARE AVALIABLE AT FM 90.9
- Roaming Buffalo 4 Cylinders
- NYPA TQ Midgets
- Advance Auto Parts Street Stocks
- Sunoco Sportsman
5pm – Grandstand Gates Open (Food & Drink specials going all night in the grandstands)
6 pm – Mandatory Driver’s Meeting for (ALL DRIVERS, MUST ATTEND AND BE ON TIME)
6:30pm – National Anthems & Welcome,
First Heat Race; Roaming Buffalo 4 Cylinders – be in Turn 4 Chute ready to go
Heat Race Order as follows:
- Roaming Buffalo Four Cylinder Qualifying Races (8-laps – inner oval)
- NYPA TQ Midgets (8 – laps – inner oval)
- Advance Auto Parts Street Stocks Qualifying Races (8 – laps – outer oval)
- Sunoco Sportsman Modified Qualifying Races (8-laps – outer oval)
Intermission – 15 minutes
Features on Inner Oval Begin, order as follows:
- Roaming Buffalo Four Cylinder Feature Race (25-laps – inner oval) – Followed by Victory Lane
- NYPA TQ Midgets (20 – laps – inner oval) – Followed by Victory Lane
- Advance Auto Parts Street Stocks (25-laps – Outer Oval) – Followed by Victory Lane
- Sunoco Sportsman (35-laps – Outer Oval) – Followed by Victory Lane
ALL drivers must use a one-way radio – frequency 454.000
- Race Procedures;
- All starts and restarts will be at the opening in the wall (driver’s right) exiting turn four (4). The front row must maintain an even and steady pace to the start / restart point.
- The leader of the race will have choice. The leader may choose inside or outside and will be signalled to choose over the one-way radio.
- All restarts will be double-file lead lap cars to the front. Lapped or down cars will be moved to the rear of the field over the one-way radio.
- All races may end with a green-white-checkered finish.
- When the caution flag is displayed, roll out of the throttle, get single-file. Passing will not be permitted.
- Scoring will be based on the last completed green flag lap. Racing under the caution and/or back to the start/finish line will not be permitted.
- If you are involved in the accident, please stay with your vehicle and return to the pit area with the safety crew. If you do not stay with your vehicle, you may be subject to a penalty per the rule book.
- In the event of a red flag, all cars must stop on the racing surface. Once the field is stopped and under control, the race director may give competitors the opportunity to return to the pit area for service under a controlled speed. Work will be permitted during red flag periods in the competitors specified pit area. Any competitor who chooses to perform work on their vehicle in their specified area must surrender their starting position and restart the race at the rear of the field. Any competitor who moves their vehicle under the red without acknowledgment from the race director or has work performed on the racing surface or an unspecified area will be penalized at the discretion of the race director.
Any Lancaster National Speedway Stock Car Driver who have registered his/her car and has his/her membership card is allowed to attend any regular Friday night Drag Racing event free of charge with proof of membership.
– Pay off will be available at the track office starting Thursday following each event after 2pm. Identification is required to pick up checks. A completed W – 9 from the owner is required. If there is no W-9 on file, the purse will not be processed for that car and/or driver. If the purse check is not picked up at the next Stock Car event, it will be mailed to the address as stated on the W-9.W-9 forms are available online with driver registration information (www.lancasternationalspeedway.com), at the track office and/or the back gate.
- At the conclusion of the event, please make sure your pit area is clean and clear of debris.
Minors under the age of 14 are not permitted in the pit area.
*****Attention Street Stocks. Tire prices have been lowered from our tire supplier to $95. Please help us support them and also the points fund*****
NOTE: Next Week, September 3, we are off. Race of Champions Weekend in Oswego. Our Next Race will be The US Open scheduled September23,24,25.
NOTE: I want to personally thank each and every driver for making this year a huge success. The racing has been beyond outstanding. Communication is key, and everyone has been great with that. Thank you and let’s keep up the great racing on Championship night.
The following was teched on August 27, 2016
4 Cylinders – Weight and left side weight, throttle bodies removed for inspection, looked at upper strut mounts, exhaust manifolds
Street Stocks – Weight and left side weight, removed transmission pans for inspection and measured converters, looked at sway bars, idler arms, lower control arms and mounts, center links, tie rods.
Sportsman – Weight and left side weight, tires were checked before practice, tires were marked before heats and again before features, tires durometered on track after feature, oil pans were removed for inspection of cranks.
***2 cars in street stocks were disqualified for a lead weight infraction.
***** Any questions regarding race nights, procedures, or rules; Please contact Lancaster National Speedway Race Director Todd Hannon @ (716) 906-7614 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Lancaster National Speedway Head Tech Official Dave Johnson @ (716) 517-6849 or email@example.com *****