Click “Read More” to view this week’s pit notes or click HERE for the downloadable PDF…
Lancaster Speedway Presents Autograph/FOAR Score Club Night and Chase Rice Concert
Saturday, August 6 , 2016:
10:30am – Pit Gates Open
11am – Fuel Sales Begin
11:30am – Practice Begins (rotating divisions); 2 – Rounds
- ALL PIT BROADCAST/ANNOUNCEMENTS ARE AVALIABLE AT FM 90.9
- Roaming Buffalo 4 Cylinders
- Sunoco Sportsman
- X-Press Signs Late Models
- Advance Auto Parts Street Stock
11:30am – Grandstand Gates Open
1:30pm – Mandatory Driver’s Meeting for (ALL DRIVERS, MUST ATTEND AND BE ON TIME)
2pm – National Anthems & Welcome,
First Heat Race; Roaming Buffalo 4 Cylinders – be in Turn 4 Chute ready to go
Heat Race Order as follows:
- Roaming Buffalo Four Cylinder Qualifying Races (8-laps – inner oval)
- Sunoco Sportsman Modified Qualifying Races (8-laps – outer oval)
- X-press Signs Late Model Qualifying Races (8-Laps – outer oval)
- Advance Auto Parts Street Stocks Qualifying Races (8 – laps – outer oval)
Intermission – 15 minutes (Big Wheels)
Autograph Session for ALL teams
Features on Inner Oval Begin, order as follows:
- Roaming Buffalo Four Cylinder Feature Race (25-laps – inner oval) – Followed by Victory Lane
- Sunoco Sportsman Modified Feature Race (35-laps – outer oval) – Followed by Victory Lane
- X-Press Signs Late Model Feature Race (25-laps – outer oval) – Followed by Victory Lane
- Advance Auto Parts Street Stocks Feature Race (25-laps – Outer Oval) – Followed by Victory Lane
5pm – Concert Gates Open
6pm – Begin Charging for Parking in Front Lot
5:30 to 7:30pm – DJ from Nashvilles II
8 to 9pm – Eric Van Houten
9:30 to 11pm – Chase Rice
ALL drivers must use a one-way radio – frequency 454.000
- Race Procedures;
- All starts and restarts will be at the opening in the wall (driver’s right) exiting turn four (4). The front row must maintain an even and steady pace to the start / restart point.
- The leader of the race will have choice. The leader may choose inside or outside and will be signalled to choose over the one-way radio.
- All restarts will be double-file lead lap cars to the front. Lapped or down cars will be moved to the rear of the field over the one-way radio.
- All races may end with a green-white-checkered finish.
- When the caution flag is displayed, roll out of the throttle, get single-file. Passing will not be permitted.
- Scoring will be based on the last completed green flag lap. Racing under the caution and/or back to the start/finish line will not be permitted.
- If you are involved in the accident, please stay with your vehicle and return to the pit area with the safety crew. If you do not stay with your vehicle, you may be subject to a penalty per the rule book.
- In the event of a red flag, all cars must stop on the racing surface. Once the field is stopped and under control, the race director may give competitors the opportunity to return to the pit area for service under a controlled speed. Work will be permitted during red flag periods in the competitors specified pit area. Any competitor who chooses to perform work on their vehicle in their specified area must surrender their starting position and restart the race at the rear of the field. Any competitor who moves their vehicle under the red without acknowledgment from the race director or has work performed on the racing surface or an unspecified area will be penalized at the discretion of the race director.
Any Lancaster National Speedway Stock Car Driver who have registered his/her car and has his/her membership card is allowed to attend any regular Friday night Drag Racing event free of charge with proof of membership.
– Pay off will be available at the track office starting Thursday following each event after 2pm. Identification is required to pick up checks. A completed W – 9 from the owner is required. If there is no W-9 on file, the purse will not be processed for that car and/or driver. If the purse check is not picked up at the next Stock Car event, it will be mailed to the address as stated on the W-9.W-9 forms are available online with driver registration information (www.lancasternationalspeedway.com), at the track office and/or the back gate.
- At the conclusion of the event, please make sure your pit area is clean and clear of debris.
Minors under the age of 14 are not permitted in the pit area.
NOTE: Next Week, August 13, Fan Appreciation and Wing Night. Pre-Race Pit Visits and winged Can-Am TQ Midgets. Sunoco Sportsman, Advance Auto Parts Street Stocks, Roaming Buffalo 4-Cylinders, and Can-Am TQ Midgets.
NOTE: Running order was switched a little bit to try and accommodate some Sunoco Sportsman teams who may have another race later that day. This will also allow the Advance Auto Parts Street Stocks to be the highlight division and showcase the incredible racing the class continues to put on week after week.
The following was teched on July 23, 2016
4 Cylinders – Weight & Left side weight, air boxes, camber
Street Stocks – Weight & Left Side weight, removed valve covers and checked spring pressure, intakes for 2101
Sportsman – Tires were durometered after heats and feature, tires were checked in line-up shoot for proper markings and feature tires the same as heat tires, weight & Left side weight, random car after each heat checked for tire sheet matching, Whistled the top 3 after feature to check compression.
***** Any questions regarding race nights, procedures, or rules; Please contact Lancaster National Speedway Race Director Todd Hannon @ (716) 906-7614 or email@example.com or Lancaster National Speedway Head Tech Official Dave Johnson @ (716) 517-6849 or firstname.lastname@example.org *****